How to Degree Your Camshafts?
What You Will Need:
- You can’t degree cams without a degree wheel. A degree wheel will reveal all sorts of information relating to valve timing events. Larger wheels typically yield more accurate results.
- You’ll also need a dial indicator with some sort of base that’ll attach firmly to the cylinder head. If your dial indicator’s got a magnetic base, bolt a scrap piece of steel to the cam caps and place it there.
- Some sort of pointer, like a coat hanger or a stick of welding rod, along with a piston stop will also be necessary.
- Your cam manufacturer should’ve provided you with a cam card. It’s got all sorts of important information on it that you’ll need to degree your cams.
- Gather whatever hand tools you’ll need to access your valvetrain, adjust your valves, and rotate your crank.
Read Full Article Instructions: MotoIQ website
Need An Article Copy?
Due to the level of information, we recommend to Download PDF direct to read when you need it.